WORKSHOP SITE AND ACCOMMODATIONGeneral information
Poland belongs to the Schengen area and not the eurozone. Please check with your local Polish embassy if you need a visa to enter Poland. The Polish currency is the zloty (zł or PLN): 1€ ~4.50PLN.
Travelling to Warsaw
- By plane: Warsaw is served by two airports: Chopin Airport (WAW) for major airlines and Modlin Airport (WMI) for low cost traffic. Chopin airport is located 10 km south of the city centre and is connected to it by the SKM train lines S2 and S3 to Warsaw Central Railway station (Dworzec Centralny), and by bus lines 175, 148, and 188. The cost of a taxi trip to the center is around 30-50 PLN. Modlin airport is located 40 km north of the city centre and is connected to it by train and numerous shuttle services.
- By train: the main train station in Warsaw in Dworzec Centralny. It is served by trains from/to Berlin, Prague, and other central European cities.
- By bus: numerous international bus lines to Warsaw exist and they usually stop in Dworzec Warszawa Zachodnia (Warsaw West Station).
Transportation From the airport
The distance from Warsaw Chopin (Okęcie) Airport is approx. 10 km. The best way to get from the Airport to NCAC is by taxi or Uber. At the airport take a taxi from those waiting outside the arrival hall (they must have a name of the taxi company and a phone number). We recommend SUPER TAXI which can be found at the TAXI stop next to the exit from the ARRIVAL TERMINAL A, or contact the people at the SUPER TAXI Stand at the ARRIVAL TERMINAL A. They accept VISA and most other credit cards. DO NOT ACCEPT any offers from people inside the arrival hall. Taxi will take 20-30 min and should cost about 30-50 PLN.
From the train station
Warsaw Central Train Station (Warszawa Centralna) is located approx. 4 km from NCAC. The best way to get from there to NCAC is by taxi. Rail timetable.
Ther are two bus lines that stop near NCAC: 108 and 167. See public transport journey planner and timetables and/or timetables from the ZTM Warsaw.
We recommend to use taxi corporations. A list of taxi companies can be found here.
Each participant is asked to arrange her/his own accommodation. There are many hotels located in the center of Warsaw and nearby NCAC, e.g.
- Hotels Atos, Portos, and Aramis
- Łazienkowski Hotel
- Ibis budget
- Budget accommodation at NCAC (8 single rooms, 130 PLN per night) or SRC (next door insitute, 5 double and 2 single rooms. Pirces are 108 and 130 PLN per night for single and double room, respectively) - ask organizers about availability.
- And many others at Booking.com